Sunday 6 May 2012

Someone Pinch Me!


WE ARE GOING UP,WE ARE GOING UP!

Sorry,had to get out my system first,been chanting that almost continuously since the final whistle (not before,I'm superstitious and those singing it before were giving me a heart attack with nerves over it all going wrong-wawaw?). I apologise for not updating since the derby,life has been a tad difficult with family tragedy.

I wrote a blog about Dave Jones joining but it seems I forgot to press "publish",what a numpty I am at times. Anyway today is not for that, today is for savouring us Wednesday fans actually getting a bit of luck. I know,it's rare,so rare I almost forgot what it feels like for football to go our way but it has and we are now in the Championship and going in the right direction,what a feeling it is. To overcome the other side of the city (I hate the term pigs as I quite like pigs and don't like the blunts) being 5 points ahead of us with 2 games in hand is frankly,amazing. Dave Jones has worked miracles, do I think Megson would have done the same, how can I know? I do believe the derby win would have pushed him and the team on,I believe the signing of Michael Antonio was vital to our promotion and to our form. Since Ben Marshall had left we were seriously missing a second wide player and Prutton wasn't cutting the mustard. However all that is hypothetical,all we know is that Dave Jones came in (much to the concern of many-including myself) and has been superb.

I was at Hillsborough,after about 3 hours sleep (how can you sleep when you're so nervous),having planned to go to the final game (as always) since the fixtures came out we had the perfect seats, South Stand(north was full and being so full the south was surprisingly awake!) on the centre line 10 rows back, could not be better. We were in the seats by 2:25 as I was so nervous we would be late but to be honest being in the seats and ready to go made me feel even more nervous. I tried everything,reading the programme (which was brilliant-well done to those who made it!),listening to my mp3 player,counting the people in the north stand,watching the players warm up and just when I thought that the waiting would never end the clock turned 2:55 and we were all up and running.

We played well,no really! We were calm,in control,trying so hard but managing to remember how to play, I dont know what went right. Whatever it was can we please do it more often! No need to come back from behind or desperate defending as our goal is tested time and time again. I dont think I've felt as comfortable and relaxed at a game for a long,long time.

The only thing I was initially worried about was that we wouldn't score,we have recently been known to have lots of chances but not put many away and it seemed it would be the same yesterday. That was until the 26th minute when Nile Ranger set up Michael Antonio,beautiful! Antonio then looked to have re payed Ranger when a rebound off him allowed Ranger to tap in a goal that the linesman decided was offside (someone get him glasses) shortly before half time. Ranger did get his official goal on the 56th minute after being set up by Chris Lines. We bossed the game from start to end,Wycombe had no chance,they maybe had 5 minutes of any possession but even that was easily dealt with. Bywater made one save that I can remember and that he likely bothered to dive as he was feeling a bit cold.

If the team were good (and they were) the crowd was flipping amazing,37500 SWFC fans absolutely packing the beautiful Hillsborough,that is how she is meant to look. Relegated Wycombe brought just under 500 very loyal ( big respect to them and good luck) fans, around them were the only spare seats. 

Danny Batth Being Worshipped
If you want a laugh and who doesn't,you have to watch the smaller aka shit Sheffield team being mocked by the mighty Exeter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRqzHip-nQc&feature=player_embedded . Nicked some pics from all over the place,took some myself but to be honest they're not as good as some on owlstalk and the like.

Finally,you have to watch this now, Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday as seen by the Wycombe Wanderers fans,I've seen it about 10 times today and it never,ever gets old and I cant see that it ever will.

WOW! Notice the spare seats-that's the Wycombe fans

This swells my heart with utter pride                                                                                                                        







No comments:

Post a Comment